Military moves can be challenging and stressful however preparation and knowledge are keys to a successful Permanent Change of Station (PCS). Utilizing the Airman and Family Readiness Center and its resources are a great first step toward minimizing some of the stressors and preparing for your next duty location. Please check out some of our other useful tools below:
Preparation and knowledge are key to a successful PCS. Utilizing the Airman and Family Readiness Center is a great first step. WE CAN HELP WITH WHAT COMES NEXT! A variety of services available for Team Vandenberg and their eligible family members on the move:
- Newcomer Orientation (Spouses are invited to attend)
- Information and Referral
- Manage Your Move Workshop
- Loan Locker
- Dish Kits, Tables, Chairs, Coffee Pots, Air Mattresses & More
- Sponsorship Training
- Child Care for PCS (20 hours per child)
- Spouse Base Tour
Below are helpful websites that provide information in relation to relocating:
Remote Tour Briefing
Personnel with dependents AND orders to a remote tour/dependent restrictedlocation (meaning your dependents will NOT be accompanying you at your next location on your unaccompanied tour) MUST complete the A&FRC Remote Tour Briefing.
If you have dependents & PCS orders to a remote unaccompanied location, you MUST register by calling us at 805-606-0039 to attend a Remote Tour Briefing.
To complete your vMPF A&FRC Tasking for CONUS/OCONUS Relocation, you MUST attend a briefing at the A&FRC. Spouse are highly encouraged to attend.
To get information on your next base or post, visit the MilitaryINSTALLATIONS website. Click on "Installation / Agency Lookup," then enter the desired installation and hit the "Search" button. The page contains resources for everyone who is relocating from one duty station to another, as well as those working or living at or near an installation. Installation information includes phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses of key personnel, as well as local community facts and organizational contacts.
The Loan Locker has temporary household items for you during PCS periods. The Loan Locker is located in the A&FRC. Call (805) 606-0039 for hours of operation. (You must bring in a copy of your PCS orders).
Military OneSource Resources for Moving:
- Frequently asked questions about moving benefits and allowances.
- Relocation Budget Planner.
- If you have Special Circumstances; check out these resources if it is your first move, if you have a special needs family member, or you are transitioning out of the military.
- Spouse Employment resources.
- Resources for Single Airmen.
- Housing - buying vs. renting and financial counseling
- Military Youth on the Move is a great website for kids, pre-teens, and teenagers adjusting to relocating and other military specific experiences.
For more information on the programs, please contact the Airman and Family Readiness Center at (805) 606-0039 or the Relocation Manager, Laticia Moore.